Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

Jetta 2011 Throttle Body problem

5K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  jungle666 
#1 ·
Hello Guys,

I was on the highway and all of the sudden the car shut off. I pulled aside and after a few minutes the car started again. I took it to my mechanic which ended up taking it to the dealer. They said that there was a service bulletin for the throttle body software.They upgraded the software but the problem keep happening( this is what they said). So now they are saying that the problem is the actual throttle body that needs to be replaced.
I asked the guy that maybe the software since it was not right damaged my throttle body. The guy said no and that the software cannot ruin the throttle body. What do you think?

Now this is going to cost me $750.

I would appreciate you input.

Thank you!

#2 ·
Did the vehicle just stall and wouldn't start back up until a few minutes later?
Was there any hesitations when this happened? Like a misfire?
Did the Check Engine Light flash when this happened?
Did it have any codes stored when they scanned it?

#3 ·
Did the vehicle just stall and wouldn't start back up until a few minutes later? YES

Was there any hesitations when this happened? Like a misfire?. YES. the car felt very shaky and i got off the highway
Did the Check Engine Light flash when this happened?. THe check engine light was always on before this incident. No way i could turn it off
Did it have any codes stored when they scanned it?. When they scanned it nothing related to this showed up. Not in my mechanic at least. They sent the car to the dealer though

Thank you for reading my post

#4 ·
It's very possible it could be the throttle body. You can try to clean it and see if that fixes the problem. If you can get a hold of someone with VCDS to see if it can read the throttle body or if something else is going on.

The Crankshaft position sensor gives similar symptoms to what your having.

If your mechanically inclined. Here's a link to a new throttle body.
http://www.germanautoparts.com/Volkswagen/Jetta/Engine/216/13

BTW what motor do you have?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.