VW Jetta: The unplanned mk4 build|Forum Volkswagen Bora
JettaJunkie.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The unplanned mk4 build

Default Re: The unplanned mk4 build

Got a new fuse box that went on top of the battery because the old one was starting to melt around the alternator wire. Used some plastic weld to make a mount for inside the fender. Once everything is hooked up I'm going to spray all the connection with that spray electrical tape to keep it safe from the elements.

Wires almost all wrapped up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Jetta Junkie Moderator Skimmer0220 is on a distinguished road Skimmer0220's Avatar

Interesting place to put the fuse box, I'm gonna mount mine under the dash
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Gargamelmk2 Hidden Content
    Its very windy....accidentally pissed on it.....I have no regrets

Quote Originally Posted by Skimmer0220 View Post
    Interesting place to put the fuse box, I'm gonna mount mine under the dash
    Well that's because you are doing it the correct way lol. I'm in "get it running before snow" phase right now. I have big plans for when I have an actual garage. I did get it running over the weekend. Ordered a new cam position sensor due to codes and a bogged low end. With all the wires I cut and moved and all the other things I did I am actually surprised I got it to run again.

I did get the wheels to tuck a bit more without the fender supports so that is a little plus.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

While waiting for new cam position sensor to come in I decided I didn't like the way my trunk was setup anymore. So I ripped it all out and started again. I had a power issue with the old wire for the compressors as well so I wanted to fix that as well.

Mounted the tank to the underside of the rear deck and moved the battery to the spare tire well.

Cut up an old steel shelf I had laying around and made a mount for the compressors.

Got a relay and a fuse block to correctly power the compressors.

Need to make another floor and finish a couple things tmrw but it should be good after that.

Finished the mount off. Quick black paint to make it less noticeable

Made a quick new floor from a panel I had

And the mostly finished product. Just need to tuck a couple wires that's it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2