VW Jetta: where to put a sirius antenna inside or outside the car|Forum Volkswagen Bora
JettaJunkie.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: where to put a sirius antenna inside or outside the car

Member farid1206 is on a distinguished road farid1206's Avatar

Default where to put a sirius antenna inside or outside the car

Hey i was woundering if anybody out there has put a sirus antenna inside the front dash of the car. The reason i ask is i have a kenwood head uint that is sat ready. I already bought the sirus tunner and trasmiter box. Some people say it need to go outside and others say it will work in side. my connsern are if it go's outside when i was my car it will fall off or get damaged or some will ripe it off or damage it. I have a 2000 Vw Jetta GLS and every know that i have that big black antenna in the back center hood of my car which make mounting the sirus antenna kind hard to make it look clean and not odd. If any one out there has any suggesting please running buy me Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Fukenmüven great_kicker is on a distinguished road great_kicker's Avatar

Default Re: where to put a sirius antenna inside or outside the car

what do the installation instructions recommend? if all it has to do is have a clear line of sight to the sky and it can be inside, i would mount it to the top of either the back window or the top of the windshield
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...?id=1249372378 ADD me
    http://jettajunkie.com/vw-jetta/show...b-rg-6162.html
    your jetta will transform...into a transformer...and transform your ass hole into the grand canyon

Member Smithy is on a distinguished road Smithy's Avatar

I have XM. I have mounted the antenna both inside the car and outside the car. Reception is MUCH better when the antenna was mounted outside the car, on the roof...Smithy
    Don't take life too seriously...you'll never live through it.

LIFETIME VIP billh1012 is on a distinguished road billh1012's Avatar

i have sirius and i have mounted it on the trunk lid and on the back dash and the reception is better when it is outside but i left it on the back dash by the third break light and it work fine for me.
    2005 MKIV Jetta 2.0
    Short Ram Intake
    Stubby Antenna
    Halo Projector Headlights
    My 2.0

Senior Member palehawaiian is on a distinguished road palehawaiian's Avatar

If you want to make it look clean and hide it then put it out it in the grill, tucked away as best you can. You would only notice it if you looked hard.

BTW what antenna do you have?

well it works best outside and they make those magnets pretty damn strong so even goin through carwashes doesnt budge it...i was lazy for my car i put it on the rear deck so i lose signal going under bridges and sometimes random places..

I put mine in my previous Jetta on the rear deck and I utilized the car seat attachment point behind the center seat headrest. Worked great except when I went under overpasses or opened the trunk, depending on the angle of my parking job.

Thought about installing it in the dash when I replaced the unit, but never got around to it.

'02 Jetta 1.8T Derek589 is on a distinguished road Derek589's Avatar

I found mine worked best mounted outside, I just dropped it above the rear driver side and ran the wire along the doors. Seems to get the best reception there as I tried it inside and signal was low. And as mentioned the magnets are STRONG. mine has never budged a millimeter. I have Sirius and one of the small disc ones. barely noticable

+ Reply to Thread