Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

Help Wanted New to VWs

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Peebles 
#1 ·
Hi there, new guy over here. i recently bought a clean 90 jettta 1.8 auto for $200. i bought it knowing it had a no start issue. buddy said that the would just click. well the previoud oowner before him did the relay retrofit, the guy i got it from replaced the ignition switch and brandnew starter. so i started messing with it found the relay was bad and cleaned up some bad grounds. well i got the car to turn over with the ignition wire to the starter. so i know the starter is good. switch the wire from the ignition to the starter wire from the ignition and nothing. si i tried to jump the ignition. made a jumper from pin 15 to 30. then jumped that to pin 50 and all that happens is a relay under the dash clicks, or what i think is a relay thats clicking. i have tried reading more on my problem but not much info on this particular problems i have read alot on the starter retrofit and ignition problems but everything is new, im getting frustrated at this point.. anybody able to help me out? would be greatly appreciated

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.