Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

Massive Coolant leak - Please help

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Vixen 
#1 ·
Okay, So i have a 2000 VW Jetta VR6. I have a really bad leak coming from the passenger fender. Looks to be almost under the coolant tank, nearly directly under it. This leak is very bad and i loose most of my coolant in an entire day. i also have a leak on my driver side fender. Not as bad but still drips consistently.. i would attach photos but as my luck is, there was no puddle for me to take a picture of. Any help is appreciated.. Im amusing i have a cracked radiator on my driver side and a few bad hoses. What are your thoughts?

#2 ·
there's a large amount of pieces it could be, I would be looking into your coolant res. first, if that's where it's leaking I would remove it and see if it's cracked or if the 2 hoses atached to it look cracked, second I would look into the thermostat housing, it is a known part to warp and crack over time

#3 ·
This. If the tstat housing/gaskets aren't the issue, I would next look at the crack pipe (yes, that is the actual name). It's a plastic piece of **** that has a tendency to fail. Located off of the tstat housing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.