VW Jetta MKIII/MK3: 96 jetta ac issues|Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 96 jetta ac issues

Default 96 jetta ac issues

I've looked around and can't find a solution to my problem it's a 96 2.0 manual
    Ac is charged and will blow cold with power to the compressor but fans don't kick on with push of ac switch but they do work when engine warms up I have checked all fuses and relays and nothing wrong there I have power to pressure switch
    So major things are no fans with ac on but work normal and no power to compressor
    Any ideas

Default Re: 96 jetta ac issues

I tried switching out the relay but that didn't do anything and yes it was with another #147 ac relay out of another jetta I'm wondering since the fan isn't kicking on with turning the ac on and the ac not working they are causing eachother to not work now is it the fcm or should I be looking somewhere else maybe the fan temp switch I jumped that to get to test the high and low speeds on the fan motors and that all checks out there is also supposed to be a 30 amp bus fuse above all the relays for the ac but there's nothing up there besides 1 10 amp fuse that's fine and there aren't any fuses missing cause there's no wires going into the back so maybe the fan control module I'm using parts off a jetta in the wrecking yard that had a bad tranny so I assume this stuff is fine

Does anyone have a wiring diagram of the fuse and relays that has everything I'm in deep into some burnt wiring in the dash and need to check for continuity there's a red and black wire that also broke that has a green connector that I can't find the other end of so I'm in deep now
    Also when I start the car the park lights automatically come on even when the headlights are off

Power going into relay 13 labeled 147 nothing coming out tried 2 relays and nothing with both

Ok so the pressure switch is the culprit for the fans I'm gonna replace that and hope for the best

Whoa whoa whoa not everybody at once now

Member joshuat is on a distinguished road joshuat's Avatar

I changed the fan control relay underneath the coolant bottle. Solved my issues.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Yep did that I'm gonna go with the ac pressure switch and if that doesn't fix it then I'll be done messing with it and deal with no ac or just wire in a switch that will send power and ground to the compressor and by pass everything else

Member joshuat is on a distinguished road joshuat's Avatar

I got mine thru autohauseaz if you needed a source. Good price too.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread