Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

Best way to improve performance in my 07 jetta wolfsburg

7K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Skimmer0220 
#1 ·
Hey guys Im new to the forum world. I currently own a 2007 jetta wolfsburg edition and i am wanting to start the upgrade process. I know some stuff about upgrading but not a ton. Basically I was just wondering what you guys recommend doing first and then after. I know sometimes its better to do things in a kind of order so what you have done wont get in the way of what youre going to do. Thanks for all the help and if there is already a forum regarding all of this just point me in the direction

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

#2 ·
I think you should start by indicating what engine/trans you have and any other mods you may have already done.

As far as upgrading, if you are looking for more power from a 2.5 or TDI, you should sell the Wolfy and get a car with a 2.0T. That is just my opinion but I'm sure many here will agree. But with any car you should make sure it has good bones such as decent brakes and steering, all lights work, electrical/mechanical like lights, windows, timing belt, etc. before doing anything else. Again, that is my opinion. I like a car with stock suspension because I occasionally have to go down unpaved roads, etc. and I don't like bottoming the car... I also prefer stock, untinted lighting because I think it is safer to be able to see and be seen.

#3 ·
Everything is stock on the car right now. Its the 2.5L and everything works really well on the car. Fresh brakes and just had it checked out for issues and it came back all good. The previous owner seemed to baby the car. I honestly just like the car as a whole and dont want to go back to payments. Thanks for the info though. Ill give it some thought because I really do want to give it some speed.

#6 ·
It comes turbo charged from the start and you'll be able to get more power out of the turbo by replacing the restricting stock parts

For the 2.5 it was designed as a computer and good on gas, I don't believe there's an intake or even a tune out for the car so where you'll spend lots of money chasing down minimal power gains you'll have spent around the same amount on a 2.0tsi and get a lot bigger gains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Hey man I just got a 2007 2.5L and I love the thing. I picked it up friday and the engine in the thing sounds pretty healthy. I can't wait to hear it with aftermarket airflow mods.
I think if you're looking for pure power gains, definitely go with a turbo, but if you want the car to drive and feel better, I'd say keep it.

Here's my plan for mine - i have the same car essentially minus the Wolfy touch:
1) Aftermarket intake and Stage 1.5 Malone Tune (Malone tuning website-> ECU Tuning -> Audi/VW -> 2.5L)
2) Cat-back exhaust
3) Stereo and Seat swap from my 2010 TDI (All bluetooth and leather+heated seats)
4) New tints
5) Debadge and Black Plasti-dip front grille

The tune and intake will probably cost you ~$500 and give you almost a 10% increase in horsepower. If you get the exhause first, I'm pretty sure they can tweak the tune for more gains because you'll have more wiggle room in your exhaust.
I'm not sure about the exhaust cost because I haven't done any research yet, but I'm ballpark estimating around $500 also.

So for me, The intake/exhaust + tune combined with the leather seats will make the car's experience better overall... It's not just about sheer power for me though.

#11 ·
Yeah to be honest. I know its a stretch but its better for me financially to add to this car instead of getting a whole other car right now. Even if its crazy I want to hear what you guys have to say. As long as Im not swapping engines lol

#12 ·
You'll probably need a new cam, intake manifold, and full exhaust including exhaust manifold, high-flow cat (if you still want to pass emissions). After that you'll need a custom dyno tune.
Even with all that you still probably won't get there and you'll most likely need a transmission upgrade.
You might be better off turboing this engine, but you'll still need intake & exhaust work, and dyno time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.