VW Jetta MKV: Various Warning Lights |Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Various Warning Lights

Default Various Warning Lights

My 2009 Jetta SE with 78K miles has developed some electrical gremlins. The ABS light and the yellow ESP/ASR light come on and the red "Brake" light come on with a warning charm. These three lights sometimes go off but they have mostly stayed on in the past two days.

The yellow Malfunction Indicator Lamp has also been on for the past two days.

The yellow EPC light comes on and I have noticed that when it does the speedometer stops working although the tach is working fine. This comes and goes randomly.

The yellow steering wheel light comes on and goes off intermittently.

Any suggestions on how to approach these issues? I have checked both fuse boxes and everything seems normal. The battery connection seems solid but I don't remember how old the battery is.

Thanks!

Jetta Junkie Moderator Skimmer0220 is on a distinguished road Skimmer0220's Avatar

Default Re: Various Warning Lights

have you had the car scanned for problems?
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Gargamelmk2 Hidden Content
    Its very windy....accidentally pissed on it.....I have no regrets

I plan on doing that tomorrow afternoon. I didn't know until I was poking around this forum that AutoZone will scan you for free. I'll report what I find here.

So on my short ride to AutoZone I had all of the errors I listed in the original post. They scanned the car and the only code to turn up was U0415: Invalid Data Received From Anti - Lock Brake System (ABS) Control Module. I thought I would see more error codes. Could that be due to the fact AutoZone has a simple scanner? Would a Volkswagen specific code scanner give me more info?

Jetta Junkie Moderator Skimmer0220 is on a distinguished road Skimmer0220's Avatar

yes the factory vw scan tools will give you a much more in depth error code, or if you could find someone with vagcom close it will give you an in depth scan of the car

I brought the car in to be looked at and the verdict is what I expected, a failed ABS module. They are bringing the car to a VW dealer who says they may be able to re-program it. Has anyone heard of this solution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheddachasa View Post
    I brought the car in to be looked at and the verdict is what I expected, a failed ABS module. They are bringing the car to a VW dealer who says they may be able to re-program it. Has anyone heard of this solution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've seen an Audi ABS module re-programmed, so it's not unheard of but I wouldn't bank on the fact that it's going to fix it

No luck re-programming the module so they replaced it. I should be getting the car back in the afternoon and I hope all is well!

ABS modules are notorious in the mk4 and 5 generation for going bad. They're not cheap to replace by any means but its normally a one time fix. Glad to hear it all worked out in your favor!

+ Reply to Thread