Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

Various Warning Lights

5K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  JakeM35 
#1 ·
My 2009 Jetta SE with 78K miles has developed some electrical gremlins. The ABS light and the yellow ESP/ASR light come on and the red "Brake" light come on with a warning charm. These three lights sometimes go off but they have mostly stayed on in the past two days.

The yellow Malfunction Indicator Lamp has also been on for the past two days.

The yellow EPC light comes on and I have noticed that when it does the speedometer stops working although the tach is working fine. This comes and goes randomly.

The yellow steering wheel light comes on and goes off intermittently.

Any suggestions on how to approach these issues? I have checked both fuse boxes and everything seems normal. The battery connection seems solid but I don't remember how old the battery is.

Thanks!

#4 ·
So on my short ride to AutoZone I had all of the errors I listed in the original post. They scanned the car and the only code to turn up was U0415: Invalid Data Received From Anti - Lock Brake System (ABS) Control Module. I thought I would see more error codes. Could that be due to the fact AutoZone has a simple scanner? Would a Volkswagen specific code scanner give me more info?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.