VW Jetta MKV: Dash, Radio and Wheel controls swap. 2010 -> 2007 |Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dash, Radio and Wheel controls swap. 2010 -> 2007

Question Dash, Radio and Wheel controls swap. 2010 -> 2007

Hey all.
    What's involved with taking the dash cluster, stereo and steering wheel out of a 2010 Jetta TDI and placing it into a 2007 2.5L Jetta? Is it even possible?

I'm trading in my 2010 TDI and would like to steal the stereo to get my bluetooth back without the need to spend $600+ on a kit from crutchfield.
    I figure while I have the dash apart doing that, i might as well yank the dial cluster out too, right?

Will the dash cluster from the 2010 even be compatible with the 2007?
    If nobody knows, maybe i'll just take a weekend and try it - this thread will then turn into a build log.

Jetta Junkie Moderator Skimmer0220 is on a distinguished road Skimmer0220's Avatar

Default Re: Dash, Radio and Wheel controls swap. 2010 -> 2007

the TDI cluster is not the same cluster if I am correct, the tach is lower than the 2.5 and you will run into immobilizer issues when swapping clusters
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Gargamelmk2 Hidden Content
    Its very windy....accidentally pissed on it.....I have no regrets

Yeah the TDI redlines at 5K or something and stops at 6K. The 2.5 Winds out to around 6k and stops at 8k.
    So i can't do the cluster but what about the stereo? I've done a Crutchfield install kit into an old Accord, and I'm very well versed with electronics, but I have no idea how integrated the VW stereos are with the rest of the car.

Do you foresee any issues if I attempt the swap?

Jetta Junkie Moderator Skimmer0220 is on a distinguished road Skimmer0220's Avatar

Could possibly need the radio code, everything we get from work is preceded to match the vin that's the only issue you may run into

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Gargamelmk2 Hidden Content
    Its very windy....accidentally pissed on it.....I have no regrets

How do you get the radio code if you need it?
    Also I'm assuming I'll need a VAGCOM. I've been meaning to pick one up anyway seeing as how I plan on modding the hell out of this car in the future.

I just decided to pick up a Crutchfield kit. Has everything I need and I don't miss the steering wheel controls as much as I thought I would.

Matched colors to dash

+ Reply to Thread