2011 VW Jetta MK6/MKVI: 2013 Volkswagen Jetta Gauge Cluster|Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2013 Volkswagen Jetta Gauge Cluster

Junior Member jimmyduggan is on a distinguished road jimmyduggan's Avatar

Thumbs up 2013 Volkswagen Jetta Gauge Cluster

I have a 2013 SE without Convenience therefore I don't have the range I have left on the tank or what I get for gas mileage in the gauge cluster, but, I was wondering if there was a way that I would be able to get those features. Like is there a way to download a software or something that would give me those features or would I have to get a whole new cluster. Also same goes with the radio unit, I have the unit that is a touchscreen but without the navigation and I see that certain jetta's will have the backup camera with that unit so is there ports in the unit already that is capable of the camera feature so I would just have to buy the camera or would I have to buy a whole new unit? Thanks!

Senior Member PowerslavePA is on a distinguished road PowerslavePA's Avatar

Default Re: 2013 Volkswagen Jetta Gauge Cluster

Is the SE lower than an "S"? I had an "S", and it had all that info...

I think you need VCDS to activate the features. Do you have the MFD controls
    on the right steering column stalk? Any controls on the steering wheel?

We don't have any pictures to go by, and they an be ordered without the controls...

Your radio will NOT have the camera input.

Junior Member jimmyduggan is on a distinguished road jimmyduggan's Avatar

No, the SE is higher than the S. I am confused why my car doesn't have it but the lower ones do. But, I do not have the controls on the right side of the steering wheels but I do have the buttons on the left and right side of the cluster. And I'm sorry, I am kinda new so I don't really know what all of the terms are, so what is the "VCDS" stand for? I know what MFD is just not the other one.

Senior Member PowerslavePA is on a distinguished road PowerslavePA's Avatar

VCDS is the program with a cable used to make changes to the car, or read and clear DTCs.

ON the right steering-wheel stalk, with the wiper controls, do you have the OK button, and
    the UP DOWN on the end? If not, you do not have MFD, and adding it would mean buying all
    kinds of parts, and taking the steering wheel off, clock spring off, and changing out the
    stalk module with the MFD one... It's not worth it... You would also need VCDS to make
    the changes tot he car. The Knock-off one on wish.com is $26.00+, comes with genuine
    VCDS (hacked) with a knock-off cable.

Depending on the cluster, you may need that too...

Radio also, whole new unit, and VCDS to let the car know it's there with the new
    features... For the labor and cost of the parts, it would have been ideal to order
    the vehicle with it. Adding all that afterwards will be a headache... Maybe over
    time, add one thing here and there to ease the cost and hassle...

VCDS now means VAG-COM Diagnostic System. It used to be VAG-COM, but that was a copyright
    infringement on something else, so it was changed, yet still has Vag-Com in the name...

On the wiper stalk there should be a button to change your settings around for what is displayed on the cluster. If you were to post a picture from the perspective of the driver I could help a lot more

+ Reply to Thread