Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

Torque Rating for Clutch 2014 Jetta GLI Autobahn

4K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  alvaro.a.sanchez 
#1 ·
Hi folks,
I have been trying to discover how much torque the stock clutch is capable of handling in my 2014 GLI 6m. I'm looking at a Stage 1 tune and have seen torque figures from 250+ to over 300lbs.
I don't drag race, do burn-outs or power shift (no clutch).

I also see ads for a Neuspeed plug in tuner for $340. Anyone with experience here? Does it bypass the 200km speed limiter in American spec cars.

Would I be better off going to API?

Many thanks,

Will

#2 ·
off the bat the stage 1 high output tune from APR will cause the stock clutch to slip, the popular tune for minimal upgrades is a Stage 1 low output APR tune on the mk6 Jetta and mk7 GTI however if you had a DSG you would be able to do the high output with no issues

#9 ·
If you are going to change your clutch, try to buy a performance clutch that will let you use your dual mass flywheel. Because if you buy a clutch with a single mass fly wheel, you will hear some weird noise coming out from your transmission " that will be normal because of the change from dual to single"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.