VW Jetta MKV: Resetting Airbag Light 05 Jetta 2.5 |Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Resetting Airbag Light 05 Jetta 2.5

Default Resetting Airbag Light 05 Jetta 2.5

Last winter my 05 Jetta (new jetta), blew the rear defroster fuse, and illuminated the airbag light at the same time. I've driven the car ever since, with the light on but am wanting to sell, and need to have the airbag light reset. Is there anyone in the Minneapolis/Saint Paul Minnesota area, with a Vagcom, who would be willing to reset the light, if I came to you? I guess my other option would be going to the dealership, and paying whatever their crazy rate is to scan and reset it.

Default Re: Resetting Airbag Light 05 Jetta 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by zzmlucas View Post
    Last winter my 05 Jetta (new jetta), blew the rear defroster fuse, and illuminated the airbag light at the same time. I've driven the car ever since, with the light on but am wanting to sell, and need to have the airbag light reset. Is there anyone in the Minneapolis/Saint Paul Minnesota area, with a Vagcom, who would be willing to reset the light, if I came to you? I guess my other option would be going to the dealership, and paying whatever their crazy rate is to scan and reset it.
    That's crazy, is there a direct correlation between the defrost fuse and an airbag light? These cars are funny that way. When I removed the front bumper cover on my 07 to replace the intercooler, I also triggered an airbag light that I now drive around with. Not sure what I did wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread