VW Jetta MKIV/MK4: My 99.5 MkIV engine is clicking loudly!! Link with Video of my car making sound pleas |Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My 99.5 MkIV engine is clicking loudly!! Link with Video of my car making sound pleas

Default My 99.5 MkIV engine is clicking loudly!! Link with Video of my car making sound pleas

I went to my buddies house a street over to show him the new car I bought, I did a mediocre burnout on the street behind him, after about hanging out for 30 mins I go to start it and I hear this https://youtu.be/-4pVI5hxDcA that is my car in the video, the engine is shaky as well, I heard it might be timing chain. please help narrow it down!!!!

Jetta Junkie Moderator Skimmer0220 is on a distinguished road Skimmer0220's Avatar

Default Re: My 99.5 MkIV engine is clicking loudly!! Link with Video of my car making sound p

Sounds like you shouldn't of done a burn out before checking the car over, how many miles are on it and what's he maintenance history?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Gargamelmk2 Hidden Content
    Its very windy....accidentally pissed on it.....I have no regrets

Default My 99.5 MkIV engine is clicking loudly!! Link with Video of my car making sound pleas

Spun bearing. Look for metal flakes when you dump the oil.

145K miles, and I don't kno the history, but I know there's no major accidents or anything on it.

Default Re: My 99.5 MkIV engine is clicking loudly!! Link with Video of my car making sound p

That ain't no spun bearing, that sounds like valve-train. Spun bearing, you'd
    get knock, not that chattering.

It could be something else, but is sounds like a top end issue.

Jetta Junkie Moderator Skimmer0220 is on a distinguished road Skimmer0220's Avatar

Shew good thing here's no major accidents on it, the maintenance history has got to be perfect

So let's be serious now, sounds like your going to have to check the timing and your head, are you able to do your own service?

I can do the simpler stuff but not engine work, anyway a mechanic can diagnose it without taking it apart Just wondering

Can't really diag timing chain being off without take the valve cover off

Sent from my intergalactic portal device

+ Reply to Thread