VW Jetta: where to run the amplifier positive cable.|Forum Volkswagen Bora
JettaJunkie.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: where to run the amplifier positive cable.

Tommie Cannoli NE2.0Masshole is on a distinguished road NE2.0Masshole's Avatar

Default where to run the amplifier positive cable.

as the title says, i have a mk4 jetta 2003, where did you run your cable? pictures would also help, thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: where to run the amplifier positive cable.

Depends where the AMP is going...

I run power down one side of the car, and the audio cables on the other side.

Pull your door foot sills, there should be a channel to run wires to the trunk,
    ASSUMING that's where it's going. Pull your rear trim out so you can run
    any wired behind it.

Senior Member KiDGiB is on a distinguished road KiDGiB's Avatar

Default Re: where to run the amplifier positive cable.

Quote Originally Posted by NE2.0Masshole View Post
    as the title says, i have a mk4 jetta 2003, where did you run your cable? pictures would also help, thanks
    Depends on how much work you want to put into it. Usually I run everything through the sides tucked under the carpet, but when I bought my Jetta the previous owner already had the wires ran, so I pulled up the carpet and removed all of it then ran my own down the middle under the center console to the trunk.

If you look above your brake pedal, you should see a big rubber grommets on the firewall. I put a small hole in it and ran my wire from there.

+ Reply to Thread