VW Jetta MKIV/MK4: Sellers remorse! so let's build another one! |Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sellers remorse! so let's build another one!

Default Sellers remorse! so let's build another one!

So after 4 years of owning my 01 AEG auto and a hell of a lot of work, I decided to sell it and wow, that was a bad idea. I made 2k USD off of it, and picked up an e30 or two.. for around $1200. well after 6 months of fixing a old BMW and hating it more and more, a car that we did a lot of side work came up for sale. And we told him hell no. Then after he snapped an axel, broke the oils feed line off the turbo AND but a nice hole in the turbo. He called us to make a deal. We pay for the towing to get it back to our shop and we can have it for free. Well, that was worth it. After talking to my buddy I talked him into letting me have it to make my old one since he already had 3 cars. Here is some pictures of it when we did the motor swap and sold him old wheels and my old coils. Cars an 01 1.8T with a Wolfsburg 1.8T in it. (Jk wouldn't let me) I'll upload them later.

Onto the build!

The car was a POS dents in door, fender that was FUBAR, window regulator that was broken, and horrible paint. Luckily I had 2 parts cars out back though when we got it!

So my free car so far here is what I've bought and what I've fixed. And price.

Turbo Ko3 - $50 with 70k on it
    Axle - $50 wholesale
    Gaskets - $30
    Trans output flange - $50
    Late model trunk- $30
    Cluster - $5
    Black leather door cards -$60
    Chrome rubstrips -$15
    New bumper - free
    New doors - free
    OEM monte carlos/santa Monica's - $200
    04 cup holders - $5
    Fabric for all the pillars and rear parcel -$30
    GTi three spoke - $50
    Fenders - free

The car has a decently aggressive boser hood we made about 2 years ago and sold to him for $200, it's still on the car

Fenders are shaved from the side marker lights
    Trunk has a shaved emblem
    Headlights are retrofitted with dogs and black joey mod.
    Paint has ran me $200 it's going to be garage painted. Sanded down, some new body filler where needed, primed, painted, then cleared. Then buffed and all that jazz. Colour will be the same rustoleum orange you can find at you local hardware store. Roof, rubs strips, and mirrors, will be painted OEM BMP.

Interior trim will be wood grain for time being.

Currently on the hunt for
    Dark net optic
    Euro stubbies
    Japanese front run strip with chrome
    Euro trunk
    A4 head rest for rear seats
    Black sunroof control panel
    Black oh shit bars
    Black visors
    OEM all star flip down
    OEM rear seat booster seat

So I'll update as things get put in and as paint happens and where it goes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Default Re: Sellers remorse! so let's build another one!

we started body work and paint of the smaller parts. It's all about the prep work!

Jetta Junkie Moderator Skimmer0220 is on a distinguished road Skimmer0220's Avatar

Talk about a cheap car! Work looks good so far, are you using a clear coat o top of the orange?

Sent from my intergalactic portal device
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Gargamelmk2 Hidden Content
    Its very windy....accidentally pissed on it.....I have no regrets

Quote Originally Posted by Skimmer0220 View Post
    Talk about a cheap car! Work looks good so far, are you using a clear coat o top of the orange?

We were going to. But I probably won't. It's enamel and already has a really nice gloss. Maybe over winter when we buy a house I'll pull it in and Do 1000grit wet sand on the paint then work my way down then do another coat of the orange then clear. Then go through and buff it. But so far it's at $100 for paint!

Jetta Junkie Moderator Skimmer0220 is on a distinguished road Skimmer0220's Avatar

Not bad at all

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Gargamelmk2 Hidden Content
    Its very windy....accidentally pissed on it.....I have no regrets

No update on car went to Euro District since we didn't finish the doors I hitched a ride with some friends

+ Reply to Thread