Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

Massive coolant leak

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Darkness1911 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all, first post here. I have a 2002 Jetta 2.0 5 speed wagon. I bought it used 3 years ago and supposedly it had a new water pump and timing belt installed a few months before I bought it. Yesterday when I drove to work (approx 11 miles) as soon as I pulled in a parking spot my low coolant light started to flash. Popped the hood and the reservoir was almost empty. I got it home last night, had to fill up the reservoir to make it. I have it jacked up in the driveway and it appears to be leaking from the bottom belt pulley on the passenger side of the car. I took the TB cover off and the belt is dry. The leaking is pretty heavy when I remove the reservoir cap. When I start the engine it doesn't leak at all when idling or when parked.I have done quite a bit of searching but cannot find a definite answer on this. Could it be the WP cover? Is there a way to remove the pulley to get a better look? I am somewhat mechanically inclined, and have a buddy that can help me out. I have attached a photo, please excuse my paintbrush skills. The red arrow is pointing to a water droplet. Thanks all!! Oops wrong jetta forum. please move to the mk4

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.