VW Jetta MKIV/MK4: Ignition Misfire |Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ignition Misfire

Default Ignition Misfire

Alright guys, I need your help before I go spend an arm and a leg and my first born at the dealership. I have been having misfires in my engine and I have replaced the coils and plugs. I went with this setup https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Volks...ark-Plugs.html

They are seated in there properly and I am still getting misfires. I have been doing research on it and I have seen that it could either be my harness that attaches to the coils themselves or the ignition amplifier. I also read something about cleaning the MAF and the fuel injector connections. I'm not really familiar with this setup, or car set ups in general. If there is any other suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

And for anyones knowledge my local dealership wants 850 for the harness and 1500 for the work due to it being a 10+ hour job.

Please help!!
    ~ Don't Drive Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly ~

Senior Member KiDGiB is on a distinguished road KiDGiB's Avatar

Default Re: Ignition Misfire

Here's the DIY. I know I gotta replace mine one of these days, they've been cracked ever since I bought my Jetta.
    http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...eplacement-DIY

What you should do is go to your local auto parts store and see if they rent out tools. Most places do, but get a compression tester and test each cylinder. If one is low, get the vehicle to Top Dead Center and do a leak down test. Might need to rent this one too and need an air compressor.

Is there a quick fix for the time being until I get the part?

So here is the solution. I was running a 4 bar FPR with the 440cc injectors, which caused to much fuel in the cylinder and told the injectors to shut off. The injectors shutting off caused the car to lean out and caused misfires in my 2,3, and 4 cylinders. I have switched back to my stock injectors and had a revision made to my tune to adjust the fuel. No more misfires or CEL lights.

+ Reply to Thread