VW Jetta MKIV/MK4: 2004 2.0l jetta misfire bucks and stall. |Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2004 2.0l jetta misfire bucks and stall.

Default 2004 2.0l jetta misfire bucks and stall.

i took my jetta to auto zone where they checked the engine codes.A few codes came back, but the one I was most interested in was the ignition coil,primary/secondary one. So I just now ordered this coil on Ebay.I read to that it could be the crankshaft position sensor.Although that code didn't appear when they scanned the system.I ordered the sensor too and spark plug wires .I ordered the ignition coil repair kit that has the plug on it.I'm changing the coil first,because it looks like the problem. How hard is it to change the crankshaft sensor.I also read that a bad cam shaft sensor could be the problem too.What would you people do?

Senior Member KiDGiB is on a distinguished road KiDGiB's Avatar

Default Re: 2004 2.0l jetta misfire bucks and stall.

What were the codes?

well, can't remember the codes,because the person at the auto store was reading the codes to me. I know that an O2 code was there. Primary/secondary coil was the one that caught my attention.Was thinking crank sensor or cam sensor, but those codes were not told to me.I ordered the coils ,spark plug wires. I did order the crank sensor, but really don't want to do that right away.

JUST AN UPDATE,i looked under the hood. I was not expecting to see anything,but the wiring harness to the mass air flow sensor looked like someone had made a repair to it. The black wire was spliced. The wires were only twisted together. I re did that connection and no more stalling ,bucking or mis firing.

+ Reply to Thread