VW Jetta MKIII/MK3: window stuck in up position with dead motor|Volkswagen Bora
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: window stuck in up position with dead motor

Default window stuck in up position with dead motor

My front passenger window on my 98 jetta wolfsburg is stuck in the up position. I think the motor is dead. The other windows work fine. Nothing happens when I press the buttons or use the key. The problem is I can't take out the regulator assembly to change the motor because the window won't budge. Please let me know your thoughts.

lowness and dopeness Marc1987 is on a distinguished road Marc1987's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: window stuck in up position with dead motor

your gonna have to take all of it apart and remove the window from its tracks man
    2000 jetta 2.0//all show no go//owned.

Quote Originally Posted by I4N View Post
    ear sex
    RIP: 1995 black mk3
    build thread

Member mkglenn is on a distinguished road mkglenn's Avatar

Yea I have similar problems in my car. Only working window is the drivers.lol
    When my passenger door did get stuck down in the mid of January I had to pop off the door pannel and move the window by hand. It's the only way to get at it. I just ordered a window motor to start fixing mine now that weather is better. When you fix yours let us know how it goes. I'm new to working on my own car but I love fixing stuff I've never seen so 3windows should be great

Obviously I understand I have to take the door apart. The problem is I cant get to the regulator clamps that are holding the window to loosen the nuts and remove the window because it is stuck in the up position. It need to be down to get to those nuts. Any ideas?

im in the same situation,boy o boy do vdub windows suck lol,3 of mine arent working just drivers window,my rear drivers window is stuck 3/4 of the way up;n its been rainin n cold lately so i have a bag over it, ergggg i feel like cryin,but the upside is my motors and regulators should be in this week so i can get the fixin,the only problem i feel ima run into is pluggin the harness back in,its a tricky one
    volkswagen
    jetta glx vr6

+ Reply to Thread