My bora tdi and its progress
I got it last May so here goes, Its a 1.9 Tdi SE 115ps, remapped to 135ps just now.
When I first bought it
July 09 Coilovers, rear lights, pressed plates and my 18's fitted
December 09 New headlights
January 10 - Got my 18's powdercoated
2 days after fitting my wheels back on the whole of my car got keyed so had to fork out for that. Sold the 18's and picked up a second hand set of LM reps which where in need of a refurb.
Wheels when I got them
Anyway I refurbed the wheels myself and here is how they turned out on and on the car.. Also fited some standard rear lights and makes the car look loads better.
I have spaced the wheels out so now are ET32 up front and ET25 at the rear, needing to get myself some 215's as the tyres that are on it are far to wide (235's) and is rubbing a bit.
Here is a few quick pics after the car had settled.
Well picked up the paint 2 weeks ago and started prepping the lower spoiler of the back bumper. I haven't bothered rubbing it down as I am eventually going to get the bumper smoothed. I'm quite happy with the results even for my first time painting something that big and using aerosols.
Also had a wee bit of paint left so done my engine cover. Not same colour as car as I originally painted it black, I just gave it a quick rub down then painted on top then laquered it. Looks quite good I think.
Few quick pics
Well the one thing that I don't like about my headlights is the strip light above the angel eyes. When I first got the lights one was completely damaged with the brackets all snapped etc but the other one was fine. The place I got them from sent me 2 new ones but didn't request the old ones back.
Anyway I stripped the good one down today and my plan was to paint the strip light matt black to go with the rest of the unit. After about half an hour to an hour of using a hairdryer to heat the glue the lense was seperated from the unit and looked like this.
Then I finished stripping them down and you can see the strip light above the angel eyes more clearly now. looks rubbish
The lense for the strip light comes off so made it much easier for painting rather than having to paint the whole unit and here is it back on the light
And a final pic of the unit all built back up again. Looks so much better
Now just need to get the other light off the car and do the same and replace the other one with this one. Will be getting chrome indicator bulbs for them to.
Comments welcome good or bad