VW Jetta: Aftermarket HID Hi/low beam backwards?|Forum Volkswagen Bora
JettaJunkie.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aftermarket HID Hi/low beam backwards?

Klaatu...Verada...Nictum! thereverend1313 is on a distinguished road thereverend1313's Avatar

Default Aftermarket HID Hi/low beam backwards?

So, I've noticed that the hi and low beams are reversed since i put the aftermarket hid's in my MKIV. Anyone else have this problem and/or a solution? For example, when I flip the lever for the high beams forward into high position the lights get brighter but they drop toward the road and vice versa for the low beams. The aren't as bright but the beam goes up.
    "When the goings gets weird, the weird turn pro." ~Hunter S. Thompson

2. Remove Advertisements
    JettaJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Klaatu...Verada...Nictum! thereverend1313 is on a distinguished road thereverend1313's Avatar

Default Re: Aftermarket HID Hi/low beam backwards?

Nobody, nobody else having this issue? Weird. Sounds like I need a new kit or something.

LIFETIME VIP billh1012 is on a distinguished road billh1012's Avatar

are you using factory headlights or did you buy after market one?
    2005 MKIV Jetta 2.0
    Short Ram Intake
    Stubby Antenna
    Halo Projector Headlights
    My 2.0

Factory

lol looks like u got the high/low wires mixed up during the wiring..

The wiring was extremely basic and all of the plugs can only go in one way so I don't know how I could've done it any different. I'm going to try to adjust the aim later tonight after it gets dark, see if I screwed that up.

ooo...i didnt have a plug..so u didnt chhange ur headlights right...just bulbs?..the positioning of them should be them same since u have to screw/unscrew for adjustment so the only thing maybe that u didnt secure the bulbs in their place properly?

I have seen this before. It is nothing you are doing wrong. If you order cheap kits off ebay or somethign that is bound to happen. I have had many customers of mine come in and buy a different set from me because they bought some off ebay and had the same thing happen.....

Quote Originally Posted by AllBlackedOut View Post
    I have seen this before. It is nothing you are doing wrong. If you order cheap kits off ebay or somethign that is bound to happen. I have had many customers of mine come in and buy a different set from me because they bought some off ebay and had the same thing happen.....
    I actually took my hid's out and put regular halogens back in this weekend. Where do you work AllBlackedOut? Your shop in the web?

+ Reply to Thread