Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

immobilizer problems solved

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Skimmer0220 
#1 ·
So I used to post here all the time but work and life have taken over so it's been years since my last post oh and I forgot my password for my old user name but I figured out a very tough problem on my own mkIV this week. I've seen this problem happen on other mkIV cars as I am in the vw repair industry and we'll until it happen to my car we shipped them to the dealer cause well I can't program keys but that's soon to change so onto the problem. My car wouldn't start one day no reason, no dead battery, no instrument cluster removal,blah blah blah we all have heard it. So I was set to figure it out after a few hours what I found was the factory crimp on the wires at the plug at the antenna ring on the lock cylinder. In my opinion a mistake on vw engineering department. A couple drops of solder later car starts like a charm just wanted to share this info with the community

#3 ·
Hey Skimmer been a while but I've never seen a door lock module cause a no start as you can leave them unplugged and car still starts. This is an immobilizer issue. Sad thing is all mkIV cars and audi have same crappy connection. I took pics to show a couple other fellow vw friends in the automotive industry I'll post in a minute

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.