Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

Slammed Jetta

13K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  Vixen 
#1 ·
Ok so sooner or later i am getting my coilovers and i am dropping it lowww.
Im going to have stock wheels because i cant afford to get all that at once.
I know i need spacers but i have heard i might need a new sway bar and all this stuff.
What do i need? And rate the difficulty to install my self.

#2 ·
You sir, create too many threads. Please make a thread in the MK4 section titled "1.8TCAM's Questions", and update it with your questions. Either that or search the site and don't forget about good olde GOOGLE. As for you're coilover question, if you're slamming it, you may need to cut your front sway bar out, roll your fenders, and get spacers. I think I'm forgetting a few things though. Slammed on those wheels will look poopy IMO.

#3 ·
you may need to cut your front sway bar out
noooooo don't cut your sway bar, just buy an aftermarket one from like H&R or Eibach for a couple hundred bucks. There is a reason the swaybar is there from the factory. You will only need to do this if you go low enough. There isn't really a set amount but it's around 1.5 or 2 inches lower.

Gets some new wheels and tires before you go low, those wheels will look bad low

#4 ·
Alright thanks i made my mind up i think im going to go for power before looks. So maybe around christmas ill have some nice wheels and coilovers but now its time to get chipped new dv, hks bov, and a coolant kit that is after the ansa silverline exhaust.

#11 ·
look at all these noobs up in here, geez.

lower the car, cut out the sway bar. no need for spacers, you will be fine. i ran my steelies while slammed, and i didnt rub on anything.

also, dont worry about wheels, just spray paint them some neon color, and youll be rockin it. =D

#24 ·
Sway bars are there for a reason. If you want your car to handle as good as it does, don't cut them. They make aftermarket sway bars for the lowered, but you still wont be able to be super super low.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.