Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

Vento:)'s vr build!!!

57K views 328 replies 40 participants last post by  Str8whiteboi 
#1 ·
welppppp. the 2.0 is pretty much on its way out so i figured its time for the new build thread. yay...
these came in today

heres what im workin with

and this was the 2.0

See less See more
#8 ·
haha well i didnt care so much with the 2.0. but its a daily driver and a "show" car. i dont have many plans (or money) for the engine but more down the road. maybe cam/chip and a couple little things nothing big.
Hey Vento -

What brand coils are those?

The new car looks clean.
thanks! they are rokkors

#10 ·
yah it has a 2.5" catback magnaflow. im gunna get the cat deleted. i know a lot if 1.8's upgrade their downpipe, worth it for a vr?

#12 ·
haha thats what i figured. if i can find one thats not too expensive ill prolly grab one withought a cat and it should sound how id like it to.
now to raise everything underneath up!

#14 ·
haha wont be the first
gunna hopefully get everything sitting higher so i wont need a skid plate. gives you less clearance with the plate

#15 ·
I hate skid plates, they get in the way and take away clearence. They dont do a whole lot either aluminium is not very strong, and steel is heavy. Not to mention half of them dont have any holes to vent the air properly, or enough room to change oil. I had one for a few month. Got tired of it and was going to take it off the next weekend. Had a real bad rainstorm and was taking a friend to the bar for his bday. There was a fun stretch of backroad we always take. Started to rain so hard I could hardly see, and a decent size rock fell from a ledge and was on the road. I hit it, messed up my front lip, mangled my skid plate and still dented the pan and fucked up my oil pump/pickup. I had to replace everything a skid plate was supposed to protect. What a waste...

#16 ·
it's all personal preference. i have a steel one, and yeah it weighs 25lbs, but I cud care less. It's saved me multiple times from being stranded on the side of the road with a cracked pan and having to pay towing charges... and being without my car for a period of time. People say you can't get low with them, I agree I'll never get below 23" because of it, but I'm able to sit at a decent height .

So there's two side to every debate... but usually those happily running skide plates tend to stay quiet about it so not to get flamed. lol

*just a note... I'm not disagreeing with your opinion, if I had the same experience as you I'd be feeling the same I'm sure lol I'm just stating I'm running one and like it... for now. haha

#17 ·
well my ninja driving skills arnt too bad so i dont plan on running one haha. maybe one of my friends will be generous enough to just weld something solid to the pan.
5mm's in. just gotta grind down the calipers some so my wheels will clear..

#18 ·
yes headers ARE worth it, and not just for sound, power ups too! they are just one more peice the the puzzle. cam, chip, intake and sense you already have great cat back. this thing should fly quite nicely. even on a 2.0 headers are worth the power, and sound.

#21 ·
lol i said downpipe?
iv heard from a lottt of people not to even bother with headers on a vw. if i had the money i would prolly do it for the looks ha but i dont. i would like to get a nice cam/chip set up tho down the road tho for sure.

I like those rims on the 2.0...:)
thanks, they will be going on the vr

damn it vento, why ya always gotta be sucha boss?!!! ;)

-----also you gotta twin turbo that ****!
haha i dont have the knowledge or money to boost my car to be honest

#22 ·
well really trubo'ed cars only have down pipes in my book. yea our cars are in two parts the exhaust manifold and the "down pipe" but it wont do anything on our cars if you change that, and there isnt an upgrade for that "down pipe" just stock and headers.

and racelands stuff is pretty good. thinking about getting mys self a header too! sub $200 lol
http://www.racelandus.com/p-150-exhaust-headers-for-vw-golf-mkiii-mk3-vr6.aspx

#23 ·
Headers are worth it for a 1.8t, not for a VR. Cost to gain ratio is terrible. But EJ knows, unless you have deep pockets VR won't br to the full potential.

Show car status for the less fortunate. Get the looks and the sound.

#24 ·
#26 ·
The stock mani actually flows pretty well on a vr. If you were to do anything to try for performance gains, tt does make a downpipe thats 2.5". As far as the mani goes, no one can seem to getanything that flows better. Only header i ever saw with a gain was abt, but good luck finding one. They are pretty rare, and sold originally for 1200. Prolly cost even more now if you can find one because of the rarity.

#29 ·
welppppp. the 2.0 is pretty much on its way out so i figured its time for the new build thread. yay...
these came in today

hold ON There! i need your help real quick vento ... just got those same rokkor coilovers and im about to put them on but im putting in new stut mounts cause the ones i have with my Koni's are done.... but the problem is which ones did you use im confused cause there is like different ones out.. i have 2.0 1995 i just want to order the right ones.. thanks

#31 ·
these came in today

hold ON There! i need your help real quick vento ... just got those same rokkor coilovers and im about to put them on but im putting in new stut mounts cause the ones i have with my Koni's are done.... but the problem is which ones did you use im confused cause there is like different ones out.. i have 2.0 1995 i just want to order the right ones.. thanks
http://www.germanautoparts.com/Volkswagen/Jetta/Suspension/198

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.