Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

vs a few.

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  WishingBig 
#1 ·
Here in about 2 weeks a few of us were going to go hit up a drag strip.

I'm pretty much bone stock except for swiss cheese and my 3" inch turbo back exhaust.

The competition you ask? 1998 Ford Mustang 6 speed 3.8L and i believe 2003 VW Golf vr6? Thats what he claims anywho, the mustang has intake and dual exhaust. The golf has magnaflow exhaust.

I think i can take the mustang no problem...

#6 ·
You have the 150hp 1.8t, yes? I don't think you'll beat either of those cars. Might be close with the 24v VR, but if he knows how to drive he'll get you no problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

#8 ·
I have the AWP which correct me if i'm wrong is 180hp?

After looking at some specs that mustang weighs close to the same weight, few hundred pounds heavier being the stick. Torque is higher 215 compared to from what i read 173.

#10 ·
Good luck. If you've never been on a drag strip, just hope the other guys haven't been either. Your stock 1/4 mile times are all within a 1/2 second. 14.7-15. You're running street tires? With a stock AWP you may be able to take them. On the streets i've sent quite a few mustang owners away quite surprised running mild tunes on AWP's! Those are drags I'd love to see in person. You gonna post a You-tube video perhaps??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.