Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

VDubLaFontaine's Swaggin Quattro Wagon

26K views 240 replies 23 participants last post by  VDubLaFontaine 
#1 ·
Hello again. Its sad to have departed from my KooLWHHIP but I'm happy with my new replacement. Say hello to my Audi :D

My Swaggin Wagon....

2001 Audi A4 B5 Avant Quattro 1.8T
Ebony Pearl
Automatic 5-speed Trans w/ Tiptronic (R)
Celebration Package -
*Power glass sunroof
*Homelink Remote
*Auto Dimming Inside - outside mirrors
*Perforated Leatherette Seat Upholstery
Retail: $29,915.00

Exterior upgrades

Clear side markers
Clear Headlights
De-badged
Sticker on back window
Thule Roof rack cross bars and pads
Rear Fog Lights Both

Wheels and Suspension

17" B6 Light Gunmetal Sport Package wheels
Brand new NEXAN5000 60k P225/50R17
Zimmerman Cross Drilled Slotted Rotors
New Pads

Technical

- 1.8 liter, 170 hp DOHC Turbo Charged 4 cylinder, electronic turbo boost regulation, 5 valves per cylinder
- ABS 5.3
- Quattro permanent all-wheel drive system with EDL (Electronic Differential Lock)
- Four link front suspension, stabilizer bars, front and rear
- Fully galvanized sheetmetal

Engine mods
ECS Reinforced Silicone Breather Hose Kit AWM

*Valve Cover Breather Hose - (06B 103 221P)
*Check Valve to Intake Manifold Hose - (058 103 221E)
*T-Hose - (06A 103 247)
*Block Breather Tube - (06A 103 213F)
*Valve Cover Breather tube - (06B 103 213G)
*034 Motorsport Billet PCV Valve - (035 103 245A)

Polished Intake
Polished valve cover
New Coil packs

Interior mods
6 disk changer
Checkered rear view mirror
Expandable Ski rack in rear seat
20% Polarized Tint on all windows front, back and sides

On the way...
-ECS Magnetic Oil Pan Drain Plug $15
-ECS Magnetic Transmission Drain Pug $20
-Timing Belt/Water Pump/Thermostat/Lightweight Crank Pulley/Belts
-Wheels (secret squirrel)*they are machined*
-Aluminum Mirror Caps
-Headliner :)
-Seats, carpet, door cards, dash...

When I first brought her home:

Now I just need the sticker to go with this. :D

What is going on now:

So two days after I bought her I noticed that I was hearing a bit of abnormal chatter about a quarter of a mile away from the house while getting gas. After researching I found that these years of audi like to build a bit of sludge in the motor and the oil pick-up tube gets full of sludge and the top of the motor get oil starved. This was not good. After limping it home and the dash screaming at me (the pixels on the heads up display are only read by a psychic on account they are FUBAR) I had some friends come over to drop the oil pan to clean out the pick-up tube and to see about this sludge. Long story...

After about 10 hours in the dark and cold putting everything back together she wouldn't start. Found the codes and fixed the problems but by that time the damage was done. I did however replace all of the hoses with a silicone hoses, replace all coils, spark plugs, new oil, a few vacuum lines and some other things in forgetting. Well upon taking the valve cover off I realized from the lack of oil that the cam and cam caps were all burnt up and turned the metal black; as well as the chain tensioner was all melted beyond repair so new motor.

The start of the tear down.

Pulling apart the headlight lenses to take out the gross orange reflectors. :( FIY These were a pain to take apart. Not sure if I'm going to color match these or not.

Ill get some more pics up later. Photobucket was being a pain.

See less See more
#5 ·
lol Thanks guys. Im excited to start some more stuff today si I can share pics. I know once she starts to mold further into this crazy vision I have the more you guys will like her as well lol. Time to wake up and polish some more :D

Sent from däs KööLWHHIP container

#9 ·
Doing work today. Headliner, pillars, Oh sh*t handles, lights and crap is being taken out. Just thought Id share that being I have unlimited pic uploads on tapatalk. :) Im excited anyway.

Before:

After:

^ see the sag. Omg... how did the po drive around like that?!? people. shm

Anyway I really missed the KööL WHHIP Interior so here is a sneakk peekk but this will only be pillars and maybe something else.

#14 ·
Well then my friend I hope you like what I picked out then. You will never guess it but I promise It will be good. :thumbup:

Oh word! I haven't been updated with this! Lol I've got some updates on my car lol
Holy crap dude your alive! How you been. Yeah the jetta is gone and I still talk about her like shes in the drive way. lmao I have to keep saying my old jetta lol. sounds odd.
Yeah your gonna love this.

That sucks you already had a problem with the motor but atleast you know its all fresh. Cant wait to see how this one comes out. Im in.
Yeah. Life. It happens. Cant get mad just roll with the punches. I hate that it happened but I look at it as an opportunity to get to know her a little better.

#16 ·
That top end is pretty burnt. Most of the sludge problems are due to people using the wrong oil. 5w30 is no bueno in these motors. I personally run 0w40 mobil1 and never had any problems. I should see if I can find a pic from when I did the waterpump and all the gaskets. Was so clean you could eat off of it.

#17 ·
Yeah the guy I bought this from was a hippie and said he put shitty gas in it when "times were tough". Aka money for his habit rather than taking care of the car. :( In for pics!!!

Ballin. Love the wagon. Since I got mine, draggin wagons foreva! Hahaha. You should come to pei and recover my headliner and pillars. I want to but have zero experience in upholstery and have no idea what to do! Looks good!
This all depends on a certain somebody making their way to this thread... *raises eyebrow and coughs.

Btw this!!!

#18 ·
WIPER DELETE:

It will look like this

Remove this cap and your left looking at this.

Take off the nut and the wiper will wiggle right off

After that your going to need to pop the hatch then disconnect the battery so we don't fry anything :D
Now that the hatch is popped remover the screw here

Remove the rear hatch panel and metal clips so pull but not too hard.
This wiper motor is what we will be removing. Three nuts and wiggle it out. Remove the power wire and washer sprayer hose as well.

Then get your plug...

Then put your plug in with some black silicone in my case a 12gauge shot gun shell. :D

Done.

#30 ·
Thanks man. So many more hours to go and I still have other parts as well. Need more hands or i may just spray the other parts but i wanna do it right a clean the first time around. Idk. Probably polish them depends on what day it is. Thursdays are always paint days...

Wait. I got it. I thought of a accent color. Oh yes :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.