Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

Make those yellow healights clear again - CHEAP!!!

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  KiDGiB 
#1 ·
I was talking to a customer of mine last week when he told me how to get the yellow film off of my headlights. Everyone knows about those totally over-priced "kits' that come with a $.50 tube off cleaner and that $3.00 buffing pad, but THIS is the real deal and it won't cost you and arm and a leg either!

The answer? Deep Woods Off!!! Yep - just hit the headlights with a heavy spray of Deep Woods Off, or other such product, with at least 25% Deet in it, and rub them clear again with a soft cloth. After I did mine I used a little Pledge on them to keep the junk off of them.

You don't even have to thank me! Just try this and you'll be amazed at the difference it makes.

#2 ·
this will work until all the fillers wash off and the true imperfections that are still present come back, the only way to really clear them up is to sand and polish them properly, I tried all the house hold methods more of a test and they all wore off, I then steped up to a kit with sanding discs and it worked much better then the other methods, and then finally I pulled the headlights and properly sanded them and polished them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.