Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

Rotten floor pan pictures

11K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Bobster 
#1 ·
here are some pics of my floor rust.. im going to be patching with 18-16ga satin coat steel and welding into place and then seal with undercoating spray

anything i should worry about or think about before i proceed:(

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
at first when I had heard of your floor pans I was expecting maybe some mild rust, maybe a small hole or two, but that's some good work right there. You'll have to replace a lot of that. Makes me cringe when I think of what's under mine. Try to shave off most of the rust you can, making cuts in segments, and try to go with the flow of the metal. nothing could be worse than replacing the metal only to have it rust over again. Prep, prepare, clean. Clean as you go, try not to contaminate the work you are working on.

#9 ·
I doubt Mk2 will fit Mk3 EXACTLY, but I could be wrong.

Refering to OP, there comes a point in a car's life when it is not worth fixing and it goes on to help other cars achieve a longer life. That point in time can be a major accident, blown engine or tranny, excessive compounded mechanical repairs and/or body/frame rot. Too many people throw good money after bad and too many people try to sell a POS that should be in a junkyard instead of for sale. Buyer Beware!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.